Monday, July 20, 2009

Magic Tree House #40: Eve of the Emperor Penguin

In this mission Jack and Annie get sent to Antartica. Antartica is at the south pole. Jack and Annie walk until they find penguins. Jack saves one.Then Jack and Annie keep walking until they get to a bus. They get on the bus. Then they arrive at a helicopter and fly to a place to get ready to go riding on the mountain. They have to go home because only adults can do it. When they are waiting for the helicopter they fall in a ditch and find the Emperor penguin.The Emperor penguin shows them the penguin that Jack saved. The Emperor said the penguin will help your friend, Merlin. They speed to Camlot to get Merlin better and then go home. I hope you like this book because I did.

3 comments:

  1. Oliver, did you see the movie, "March of the Penguins"? It was one of my favorites. I'm glad you like penguin stories. It looks like the penguins in this story saved the day.

    Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Oliver, you are reading up a storm this summer. Good for you. Your teachers are going to be so impressed when you get back to school.

    You are being a great reading role model for your cousins this summer.

    Thanks for the great review of this book. I'll see if I can find it in the library so I can read it to the boys.

    Aunt Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Oliver - I really like these books too! Especially because of the main character's name. I'm also going to try your origami. Thanks!
    Jack Duggan

    ReplyDelete